Tuesday 29 May 2007

A blog begins to dream

I've been connecting to scattered friends across the globe via Facebook, but I'm not too enamoured with their blogging facilities. While the fingers wish to keep it short, the mind often has different ideas, and so perhaps a blog is the best place for keeping a personal journal of feelings, impressions, ideas and dreams I'd be willing to share with myself(!) and others.

It's been a lazy day so far. Somehow unable to muster Type A personality behaviour (or as I once heard it, Taipei personality) especially since I live in chill-ville itself, Chiayi city. The high point of today has been receiving a Cuban movie I ordered from Ebay, watching it and contemplating switching on the running machine and watching my perfect exercise brain candy, Star Trek Next Generation. I seem to have lost Adel (my wife) to the intrigues of Rome Season 2, but that's OK because I need some downtime for myself.

The Cuban film? La vida es silbar - Life is to whistle - Promising moments, but ultimately didn't hang together very coherently for my taste. Still it's always good hearing the companeros swing in Spanish.

No comments: